5.2.0 (3 September 2017)¶
test_timenow accept a
datetimeinstance during instantiation to set the initial value.
test_datenow accepts a
dateinstance during instantiation to set the initial value.
- Relax the restriction on adding, setting or instantiating
test_datetimewith tzinfo such that if the tzinfo matches the one configured, then it’s okay to add. This means that you can now instantiate a
test_datetimewith an existing
datetimeinstance that has tzinfo set.
many to manyfields rather than blowing up on them.
- Drop official support for Python 3.4, although things should continue to work.
5.1.1 (8 June 2017)¶
- Fix support for Django 1.9 in
5.1.0 (8 June 2017)¶
5.0.0 (5 June 2017)¶
- Move from nose to pytest for running tests.
- Switch from manuel to sybil for checking examples in
documentation. This introduces a backwards incompatible change
FileParserreplaces the Manuel plugin that is no longer included.
- Add a ‘tick’ method to
test_time, to advance the returned point in time, which is particularly helpful when
deltais set to zero.
4.14.3 (15 May 2017)¶
- Fix build environment bug in
.travis.ymlthat caused bad tarballs.
4.14.2 (15 May 2017)¶
- New release as it looks like Travis mis-built the 4.14.1 tarball.
4.14.1 (15 May 2017)¶
- Fix mis-merge.
4.13.5 (1 March 2017)¶
compare()now correctly compares nested empty dictionaries when using
4.13.3 (13 December 2016)¶
compare()now better handles equality comparison with
ignore_eq=Truewhen either of the objects being compared cannot be hashed.
4.13.2 (16 November 2016)¶
- Fixed a bug where a
LogCapturewouldn’t be cleared when used via
log_capture()on a base class and sub class execute the same test.
Thanks to “mlabonte” for the bug report.
4.13.1 (2 November 2016)¶
ignore_eqis used with
compare(), fall back to comparing by hash if not type-specific comparer can be found.
4.12.0 (18 October 2016)¶
4.11.0 (12 October 2016)¶
4.10.1 (5 September 2016)¶
- Better docs for
- Remove the need for expected paths supplied to
TempDirectory.compare()to be in sorted order.
- Document a good way of restoring
stdoutwhen in a debugger.
- Fix handling of trailing slashes in
Thanks to Maximilian Albert for the
4.10.0 (17 May 2016)¶
- Fixed examples in documentation broken in 4.5.1.
RangeComparisonfor comparing against values that fall in a range.
Thanks to Asaf Peleg for the
4.9.1 (19 February 2016)¶
- Fix for use with PyPy, broken since 4.8.0.
Thanks to Nicola Iarocci for the pull request to fix.
4.9.0 (18 February 2016)¶
- Added the suffix parameter to
compare()to allow failure messages to include some additional context.
- Update package metadata to indicate Python 3.5 compatibility.
Thanks for Felix Yan for the metadata patch.
Thanks to Wim Glenn for the suffix patch.
4.8.0 (2 February 2016)¶
4.7.0 (10 December 2015)¶
- Add the ability to pass
compare()to just get the resulting message back rather than having an exception raised.
4.6.0 (3 December 2015)¶
4.5.1 (23 November 2015)¶
- Switch from
OutputCaptureto better handle unicode being written to stdout or stderr.
Thanks to “tell-k” for the patch.
4.5.0 (13 November 2015)¶
TempDirectorynow explicitly show what is expected versus actual when reporting differences.
Thanks to Daniel Fortunov for the pull request.
4.4.0 (1 November 2015)¶
- Add support for labelling the arguments passed to
actualkeyword parameters to be passed to
TypeError: unorderable typeswhen
compare()found multiple differences in sets and dictionaries on Python 3.
- Add official support for Python 3.5.
- Drop official support for Python 2.6.
Thanks to Daniel Fortunov for the initial ideas for explicit
actual support in
4.3.3 (15 September 2015)¶
- Add wheel distribution to release.
- Attempt to fix up various niggles from the move to Travis CI for doing releases.
4.3.2 (15 September 2015)¶
- Fix broken 4.3.1 tag.
4.3.1 (15 September 2015)¶
- Fix build problems introduced by moving the build process to Travis CI.
4.3.0 (15 September 2015)¶
TempDirectory.compare()with a cleaner, more explicit API that allows comparison of only the files in a temporary directory.
- Relax absolute-path rules so that if it’s inside the
TempDirectory, it’s allowed.
OutputCaptureto separately check output to
4.2.0 (11 August 2015)¶
MockPopen, a mock helpful when testing code that uses
object, so that subclasses of it may use
- Drop official support for Python 3.2.
Thanks to BATS Global Markets for donating the code for
4.1.2 (30 January 2015)¶
- Clarify documentation for
ShouldRaisenow shows different output when two exceptions have the same representation but still differ.
- Fix bug that could result in a
dictcomparing equal to a
Thanks to Daniel Fortunov for the documentation clarification.
4.1.1 (30 October 2014)¶
- Fix bug that prevented logger propagation to be controlled by the
Thanks to John Kristensen for the fix.
4.1.0 (14 October 2014)¶
tuplekeys were not equal.
- Allow logger propagation to be controlled by
- Enabled disabled loggers if a
LogCaptureis attached to them.
Thanks to Daniel Fortunov for the
4.0.2 (10 September 2014)¶
- Fix “maximum recursion depth exceeded” when comparing a string with bytes that did not contain the same character.
4.0.1 (4 August 2014)¶
- Fix bugs when string compared equal and options to
- Fix bug when strictly comparing two nested structures containing identical objects.
4.0.0 (22 July 2014)¶
- Moved from buildout to virtualenv for development.
identitysingleton is no longer needed and has been removed.
compare()will now work recursively on data structures for which it has registered comparers, giving more detailed feedback on nested data structures. Strict comparison will also be applied recursively.
- Re-work the interfaces for using custom comparers with
- Better feedback when comparing
- Official support for Python 3.4.
Thanks to Yevgen Kovalienia for the typo fix in Mocking dates and times.
3.1.0 (25 May 2014)¶
RoundComparisonhelper for comparing numerics to a specific precision.
ShouldRaiseto cover some very specific edge cases.
- Fix missing imports that showed up
TempDirectoryhad to do the “convoluted folder delete” dance on Windows.
Thanks to Jon Thompson for the
Thanks to Matthias Lehmann for the import error reports.
3.0.2 (7 April 2014)¶
3.0.1 (10 June 2013)¶
3.0.0 (5 March 2013)¶
Added compatibility with Python 3.2 and 3.3.
Dropped compatibility with Python 2.5.
Removed support for the following obscure uses of
should_raise(x, IndexError) should_raise(x, KeyError)['x']
Dropped the mode parameter to
Added the prefix parameter to
compare()to allow failure messages to be made more informative.
Fixed a problem when using sub-second deltas with
2.3.5 (13 August 2012)¶
- Fixed a bug in
compare_dict()that mean the list of keys that were the same was returned in an unsorted order.
2.3.4 (31 January 2012)¶
- Fixed compatibility with Python 2.5
- Fixed compatibility with Python 2.7
- Development model moved to continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Introduced Tox based testing to ensure packaging and dependencies are as expected.
- 100% line and branch coverage with tests.
test_timesuch that nose doesn’t mistake them as tests.
2.3.3 (12 December 2011)¶
2.3.2 (10 November 2011)¶
2.3.1 (8 November 2011)¶
2.3.0 (11 October 2011)¶
TestComponentsinstances will now warn if the process they are created in exits without them being cleaned up. Instances of these classes should be cleaned up at the end of each test and these warnings serve to point to a cause for possible mysterious failures elsewhere.
2.2.0 (4 October 2011)¶
2.1.0 (29 September 2011)¶
- Add a strict mode to
compare(). When used, it ensures that the values compared are not only equal but also of the same type. This mode is not used by default, and the default mode restores the more commonly useful functionality where values of similar types but that aren’t equal give useful feedback about differences.
2.0.1 (23 September 2011)¶
- add back functionality to allow comparison of generators with non-generators.
2.0.0 (23 September 2011)¶
compare()now uses a registry of comparers that can be modified either by passing a registry option to
compare()or, globally, using the
- added a comparer for
- added a new show_whitespace parameter to
compare_text(), the comparer used when comparing strings and unicodes with
- The internal queue for
test_datetimeis now considered to be in local time. This has implication on the values returned from both
utcnow()when tzinfo is passed to the
test_timenow accept instances of the appropriate type as an alternative to just passing in the parameters to create the instance.
- Refactored the monolithic
__init__.pyinto modules for each type of functionality.
1.12.0 (16 August 2011)¶
- Add a
OutputCaptureso that more complex assertion can be made about the output that has been captured.
OutputCapturecontext managers can now be temporarily disabled using their
- Logging can now be captured only when it exceeds a specified logging level.
- The handling of timezones has been reworked in both
test_time(). This is not backwards compatible but is much more useful and correct.
1.11.3 (3 August 2011)¶
1.11.2 (28 July 2011)¶
- Fix for 1.10 and 1.11 releases that didn’t include non-.py files as a result of the move from subversion to git.
1.11.1 (28 July 2011)¶
1.11.0 (27 July 2011)¶
1.10.0 (19 July 2011)¶
1.9.2 (20 April 2011)¶
1.9.1 (11 March 2011)¶
- Fix bug when
ShouldRaisecontext managers incorrectly reported what exception was incorrectly raised when the incorrectly raised exception was a
1.9.0 (11 February 2011)¶
TestComponentsfor getting a sterile registry when testing code that uses
1.8.0 (14 January 2011)¶
- Added full Sphinx-based documentation.
- added a Manuel plugin for
reading and writing files into a
- any existing log handlers present when a
LogCaptureis installed for a particular logger are now removed.
- fix the semantics of
should_raise, which should always expect an exception to be raised!
- added the
- added recursive support to
TempDirectory.listdir()and added the new
- added support for forward-slash separated paths to all relevant
- allow files and directories to be ignored by a regular expression
specification when using
Comparisonobjects work when the attributes expected might be class attributes.
test_time()so that it uses the correct way to get timezone-less time.
set()along with delta and delta_type parameters to
- allow the date class returned by the
tdatetime.date()method to be configured.
- added the
- added the
- added options to ignore trailing whitespace and blank lines when
comparing multi-line strings with
- fixed bugs in the handling of some exception types when using
wrap()to correctly set __name__, along with some other attributes, which should help when using the decorators with certain testing frameworks.
1.7.0 (20 January 2010)¶
- fixed a bug where the @replace decorator passed a classmethod rather than the replacment to the decorated callable when replacing a classmethod
- added set method to test_date, test_datetime and test_time to allow setting the parameters for the next instance to be returned.
- added delta and delta_type parameters to test_date,test_datetime and test_time to control the intervals between returned instances.
1.6.2 (23 September 2009)¶
- changed Comparison to use __eq__ and __ne__ instead of the deprecated __cmp__
- documented that order matters when using Comparisons with objects that implement __eq__ themselves, such as instances of Django models.
1.6.1 (06 September 2009)¶
- @replace and Replacer.replace can now replace attributes that may not be present, provided the strict parameter is passed as False.
- should_raise now catches BaseException rather than Exception so raising of SystemExit and KeyboardInterrupt can be tested.
1.6.0 (09 May 2009)¶
- added support for using TempDirectory, Replacer and LogCapture as context managers.
- fixed test failure in Python 2.6.
1.5.4 (11 Feb 2009)¶
- fix bug where should_raise didn’t complain when no exception was raised but one was expected.
- clarified that the return of a should_raise call will be None in the event that an exception is raised but no expected exception is specified.
1.5.3 (17 Dec 2008)¶
- should_raise now supports methods other than __call__
1.5.2 (14 Dec 2008)¶
- added makedir and check_dir methods to TempDirectory and added support for sub directories to read and write
1.5.1 (12 Dec 2008)¶
- added path parameter to write method of TempDirectory so that the full path of the file written can be easilly obtained
1.5.0 (12 Dec 2008)¶
- added handy read and write methods to TempDirectory for creating and reading files in the temporary directory
- added support for rich comparison of objects that don’t support vars()
1.4.0 (12 Dec 2008)¶
- improved representation of failed Comparison
- improved representation of failed compare with sequences
1.3.1 (10 Dec 2008)¶
- fixed bug that occurs when directory was deleted by a test that use tempdir or TempDirectory
1.3.0 (9 Dec 2008)¶
- added TempDirectory helper
- added tempdir decorator
1.2.0 (3 Dec 2008)¶
- LogCaptures now auto-install on creation unless configured otherwise
- LogCaptures now have a clear method
- LogCaptures now have a class method uninstall_all that uninstalls all instances of LogCapture. Handy for a tearDown method in doctests.
1.1.0 (3 Dec 2008)¶
- add support to Comparisons for only comparing some attributes
- move to use zope.dottedname
1.0.0 (26 Nov 2008)¶
- Initial Release